We are still strongly involved in standard development for isotopic and trace element analyses on minerals and glasses of geological interest.
Here is a list of reference material available in our lab:
- International: NIST210-612-614, MPI-DING, BHVO, BIR, BCR (trace elements, Li, B, O, Si isotopes – chlorine isotopes under development)
- In house: 5 basaltic glasses (δ18O, δ37Cl)
Note that glasses could be used as trace elements standards for some minerals (Trace element analyses are only performed if the project cannot be done by LA-ICP-MS).
- Quartz (δ18O, δ30Si, Li, Al, Fe, Ti)
- Biotite (δ18O, Cl, F, H2O)
- Feldspars (δ18O; from John Craven, SIMS Edinburgh)
- Graphite (δ13C ; from John Cliff, SIMS Perth)
- Carbonate: dolomite, calcite, siderite (δ13C, δ18O)
- Sulfur (δ34S under development)
- Olivine (Fo 6 – 98.5; δ18O)
- Monazite (except Ca-rich; δ18O, dating)
- Zircon (δ18O, dating)